About Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University
Vinnitsa National Medical University was established in 1921. The educational institution was named after Pirogov in 1960. Vinnitsa National Medical University has been granted the status of a university in the year 1994.
The university has a high level of experienced staff for academic curriculum. The national status of the university was awarded as “Diplomas of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine”.
The Vinnitsa National Medical University has well-biased faculties who guide the students not only in studies also for a career.
Vasil Maksimovich Moroz (M.D., Professor) is a rector of the university and a member of National Academy of Medical Science of Ukraine. The university has got state prize of Ukraine in the field of science and technology.
Vinnitsya National Pirogov Memorial Medical University is a state educational establishment founded in 1921. It is specialized only on teaching medicine having six faculties: Medical # 1 (General Medicine), Medical # 2 (Pediatrics), Dentistry, Pharmaceutical, Preparatory and Post-Graduate.
The undergraduate students after 6-year course get Master’s Degree in Medicine and 5-year course – Master’s Degree in Dentistry or Pharmacy. Post-graduate courses are available in 33 medical and dental specialties. VNMU is accredited according the highest fourth level of state accreditation.
VNMU is a part of Bologna process and ECTS. The diploma is accepted in most of the countries of the world.
The teaching staff includes 128 Doctors of Medical Sciences, 678 PhDs (Medicine), 25 Honoured Workers of Science and Techniques of Ukraine, 4 Academicians of High School Academy of Ukraine, 12 Honoured Doctors of Ukraine, 10 laureates of The State Prize of Ukraine.
The total number of students is 8600 persons and 2000 international students from nearly 60 countries of the world. The medium of instruction is Ukrainian and English.
VNMU has several university clinics with approximately 7800 patients’ places, several licensed laboratories: Scientific Research Center of Functional Morphology and Genetics, Laboratory of Experimental Neurophysiology, Experimental Pharmaceutical Laboratory, Clinical & Diagnostic Laboratories of Allergology, Gastroenterology, Bacteriology and Experimental Cardiology. There are 12 scientific schools, in particular of physiologists, anatomists, of functional morphology and antropogenetics, of pharmacologists, microbiologists, gynecologists, pediatric surgeons; scientific school of experimental surgery of abdominal organs.
VNMU houses more than 50 scientific conferences annually. The university also has international cooperation and joint researches with many scientific institutions of the world, such as Birmingham University (USA), Wanderbildt University (USA), Franklin Pierce College (USA), Limoges University (France) and others.
VNMU has International Office that helps international students from the first moment they arrive to Ukraine.
The university in situated a large campus with academic buildings, hostels, canteens, recreation area and other facilities.
International Student’s Faculty
• The international student’s facultyat Vinnitsa National Medical University was founded in 1996.
• The aim of the faculty is to integrate university into a worldwide education system.
• It endeavors to study and apply for the leading experience in the field of high medical education, to develop research projects & to promote VNMU achievements in the world.
• Increase in a number of foreign students results in FSF’s high professionalism.
• It ensures the quality of education for international students in the University
• Students have an option to choose their language of instruction as per convenience.
• About 90% of international students are studying their medical courses in the English language.
• The students who want to study MBBS in Ukrainian or Russian language, they can enroll themselves for a preparatory course with aperiod of 10 months.
Why Study MBBS at Vinnitsa National Medical University?
• Vinnitsa National Medical University has a high passing percentagein the MCI Screening Test.
• The University has a well equipped library with 560 thousand editions of books and three branches. One is the reading room for the students, other is the catalogues with all necessary information and the third one is the research work.
• As per students review, the university provides one of the foremost education among the medical universities in the world.
• Studying MBBS at VNMU is the best option by considering: Cost of living, Accommodation, Cost of studies, travel, internships etc
• The University is ranked in the top 71 in the whole Country of Ukraine.
• Classy environment and self-learning culture accompanied by quality education.
• Experts are provided for the preparation of FMGE exams.
The university has a large library with more than 500,000 collections of books, a research center, and also more than 780 computers being installed.These computers have internet connections and they are free of cost for the students and teachers.